What are the Best Places to Get Used Cars and Trucks?
Are you looking for the best places to shop for a pre-owned car? Getting a pre-owned vehicle is a good way to save a fair bit of money. The process of buying a vehicle, however, can seem very stressful and daunting. That is unless you know exactly where to shop for a pre-owned car. We’ve reviewed the most typical places to shop for a used car, truck, or SUV. Now you can feel confident in selecting the right one for your needs.
Not too many years ago, shopping for a used automobile was a relatively simple process. Go to the local auto dealership nearest to your home, pick your ‘new’ car, sign for the financing, drive it home, wash, rinse, and repeat every couple years.
That was another time… My how times have changed…
Pre-owned car shoppers in the twenty-first century have even more options available to them than ever before. To help you sort through all these options, we would like to help. Let’s get a closer look at all of the options that today’s used car buyers must face.
At Which Places Can I Get Pre-Owned Automobiles Near Me?
The quick (and traditional) answer to this question is to review the pre-owned inventory at a new and used auto dealer. When you consider the increasing number of dealers, however, even that answer can bring confusion. Then there are about the privately-owned used car lots dotting the automotive landscape to add to the equation.
For those that would rather not deal with dealerships at all, there is always purchasing a used automobile from a private seller. Finally, there’s the increasing supply of internet-based used automobile shopping websites. These do a great job of making the whole thing look to be all too easy.
Thus, with all of these pre-owned automobile shopping options comes the big question: What are the best places to purchase a top of the line pre-owned automobile near me?
The Benefits of Getting Pre-Owned Vehicles From a Local Car Dealership
Purchasing a used car from a dealer might sound like one of the most expensive alternatives on the list, but before you disregard the concept at the starting line, you might wish to consider the benefits a dealership offers to used vehicle customers.
Here are simply a few of the primary advantages of getting a secondhand car from a franchised auto dealership:
- Franchised car dealers desire repeat business. Knowingly selling overpriced ‘lemons’ produces the specific opposite of that. You’re not likely to find one of those here.
- Name-brand car dealerships must follow a strict set of business and legal|lawful limitations versus deceptive marketing practices. Cheating their buyers doesn’t just cost them repeat purchasers, it can cost them their entire organization, or lead to steep fines.
- With very uncommon exemptions, dealerships almost always keep a group of extremely trained mechanical specialists on site that examine as well as repair every used car, truck, SUV, or minivan in their stock before putting them up for sale.
- Auto Dealerships additionally have auto financing specialists with access to a healthy and balanced network of banks all focused on one function – to help get you into the car, truck, SUV, or minivan you truly want.
Another advantage franchised auto dealerships offer are unique deals on Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) cars, trucks, and SUVs:
- CPO cars, trucks, and SUVs are completely inspected and also fixed, as needed. This considerably lowers the danger that you’re buying someone else’s mechanical headaches.
- Pretty much every CPO car or truck will certainly have warranties and guarantees that you just won’t obtain from the rest of the pre-owned vehicle purchasing options.
- You will also be provided with a detailed vehicle history record with all used cars and trucks, and also especially with Certified Pre-Owned cars.
While the price on a car dealerships’ pre-owned or Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) cars, trucks, and SUVs might be ever slightly higher than, say, an independent vendor, each used automobile shopper ought to take into consideration how much they are willing to spend on the peace of mind and auto financing assistance you can only find at a name-brand, franchised auto dealership.
Things That You Need to Consider When Purchasing From a Used Car Lot Near You
Allow us to face a few facts. The window price on privately owned used car lots can be challenging to reject. And, if cost is your single factor to consider, then you’ll most likely enjoy a much better monetary bargain at a used car lot than you may get at a brand-new car dealer. At least on the front end.
However, there are some pretty significant dangers involved in buying from an independently owned used car lot. As an example:
- The threat of acquiring a ‘lemon’ is a lot higher. Used car lot ‘assessments’ are not virtually as thorough as a dealership’s, generally speaking, nor are independent used car lots as anxious to invest money on mechanical repair work on their inventory.
- A lot of independent, car lots aren’t as worried concerning repeat shoppers as most traditional car dealerships. Aftermarket customer care is commonly less than high quality, especially if you experience mechanical issues with your ‘brand-new’ car, truck, or SUV.
- The majority of used car lots either do not have on-site financing assistance or they have very limited finance options available. You can certainly pay for a pre-owned car, truck, or SUV through your personal financial institution or lending institution. But, you might discover your financial institution of choice isn’t as excited to aid you in financing a used car as they are a new one.
- Private used car lots cannot supply manufacturer-backed Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) car examinations, guarantees, or offers.
Purchasing from used car lots boils down to trusting the seller to be straightforward and back up their promises and assurances they made when attempting to sell you that ‘best’ vehicle.
What Can Independent Vendors Offer Pre-Owned Automobile Buyers?
Once more, if sticker price is your only factor when shopping for a pre-owned car, then a private seller is probably the most effective choice for you. When you consider the reality that a lot of private sellers are much more worried about unloading their cars rather than making a living marketing cars and trucks, you can absolutely locate some amazing deals utilizing this choice.
However, there are some things you’ll wish to consider before buying from independent seller:
- This alternative is the most ‘buyer beware’ situation considering that independent vendors provide absolutely no warranties concerning the car, truck, or SUV’s problem.
- If there are any type of issues or problems with the car or truck when you buy from independent seller, they will be yours to take care of once you take possession of the car, truck, or SUV.
- Most independent sellers supply no vehicle background records. You can certainly research the car, truck, or SUV’s background on your own, but you’re certainly on your own with this process.
- Independent vendors do not generally evaluate and/or fix their car, truck, or SUV before putting it in the marketplace. Your individual auto mechanic can give it a once-over or checkup. However, if you’re trying to find a detailed, bumper-to-bumper inspection, you’re shopping at the incorrect place.
This is a DIY process. Even when providing your own research, assessments, and financing. The danger of spending your hard-earned money on a money pit is really high when purchasing a pre-owned vehicle from a private seller.
What are the Benefits and Drawbacks of Online Car Buying
Internet-based car purchasing is not a new thing in 2019. Many auto dealers have actually provided online buying alternatives for more than a few years. Yet, what is new is the development of online pre-owned car web pages who concentrate on marketing pre-owned vehicles. These solutions avoid the problem of taking a trip to a dealership or independent owner to finish the sale. Here are the good, the bad, and the ugly truths about internet used car buying:
- The majority of internet-based pre-owned vehicle shopping can be finished in about an hour, finance included, without the client ever having to leave their own home.
- Web-based sites deliver your new car, truck, SUV, or minivan right to your front door. This is the very meaning of ‘comfort’.
- Many internet websites provide a quick time-period for you to try the car. If you are unhappy, you can send it back for a full refund, no charge to you and typically no questions asked.
- There is no chance to examine drive or examine your car, truck, or SUV prior to the acquisition. While some websites do their most to provide photos, or perhaps even brief videos of the car or truck you have an interest in, photos are unable to show every detail. Also, a video clip cannot replace a real test drive.
- Anxious to take your new purchase out for a spin? You have got a little bit of a wait in store. Often it’s a few weeks out, depending on where the car, truck, SUV, or minivan is being delivered from.
- Talking about delivery, you’ll absolutely want to pay attention to the shipping costs on your billing prior to finalizing.
The Worse Than Bad:
- Once supplied, what happens if you’ve bought a lemon? A lot of online dealerships do not have aftermarket repair solutions.
- Does the automobile you’re acquiring on the internet comply with the car emissions policies in the state you live in? This can be a costly oversight.
The appeal of online ease can frequently mask possibly expensive issues. Not to mention severe aggravation when attempting to settle them with a solely internet-based automobile site.
Is the Dealer a Great Place for Used Automobile Financing?
Whether you’re purchasing a new, used or Certified Pre-Owned automobile, many car dealers provide used car financing options. Advantages of getting financed with the auto dealership are:
- Complete contracts at the auto dealership rather than going back to the financial institution.
- Get exact same, or occasionally far better, finance rates than a financial institution.
- Occasionally you can take advantage of some rewards provided by the car’s maker on Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) cars or trucks. This is something you definitely can not have access to at a used car lot.
Give Yourself More
As you can see, there is far more to take into consideration when shopping for a pre-owned vehicle than simply the cash you spend and the time you save. If you’re searching for more from your pre-owned vehicle buying experience, the dealer has the vehicle knowledge and customized solution you require to make an informed used car purchase.
To learn more on shopping for your next pre-owned car, truck, or SUV, contact our pre-owned sales team or check out our used stock.